SAILOR SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Calling local sailors who love talking about boat projects and gear!
We are looking for a friendly and mechanically minded person who shares our passion for sailing and has put a few miles under the keel.
This position is located in West Vancouver, BC, Canada
As the Sailor Support Specialist you will help us provide a high level of service to our intrepid customers, sailors from all over the world. You will understand the Hydrovane mechanical system intimately and assist with technical enquiries from existing customers. You will primarily be involved in post-sale customer support: quoting and processing all parts orders, answering questions as our customers tackle their Hydrovane installation, providing feedback and troubleshooting for the operation of the system. Your daily activities will involve answering emails and phone enquiries regarding the Hydrovane, and a wide range of tasks as needed in a small business environment. You will also develop expertise on our other products in order to be the point person for sales.
- Corresponds with Hydrovane customers to answer questions including those related to the installation, operation, and refurbishment of Hydrovane self steering windvanes
- Determines parts order requirement based on a Hydrovane’s vintage and wear. Prepares quotes and orders.
- Identifies and packages parts for shipping from our office. Maintains the parts inventory in our office.
- Works closely with the Director of Sales to best advise customers on installation options
- Provides guidance on sailing practices for optimal performance
- Responsible for sales and customer service for our other cruising products: The Echo Tec watermaker and Watt&Sea hydrogenator
- Assists with order fulfillment including administrative tasks such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and generating shipping labels.
- Assists with and assumes other tasks as needed in a variety of areas: organization, marketing, production, packaging, etc.
- Must be a sailor, ideally with some offshore sailing experience! Even better if you have already used a Hydrovane (or other self steering system) on a long passage.
- Mechanically minded with a technical understanding of sailboat projects – extensive Hydrovane training will be provided, but you should have hands on experience with boat projects and be able to talk the talk ie, you know your way around a toolkit and have crawled into tight spaces on boats.
- Ability to understand technical drawings an asset. Training can be provided.
- Can-do attitude, easy-going personality, with friendly and polite communication style
- Can easily work with outlook, excel, PDF’s, and other online tools including UPS and Fedex
- Experience working in a small family business environment an asset
- Full time salaried position
- Private health benefits plan
- Relaxed office located in Dundarave Village
- Please direct your interest and resume to Sarah Curry by email: firstname.lastname@example.org