John and Will are pleased to provide a Hydrovane proposal specific to your boat.
Please see Contact Us and provide John with the requested details.
The pricing for smaller Parts is found under the Technical tab.
Complete HYDROVANE VXA2D system includes:
- DRIVE UNIT VXA2
- VANE – Standard, Stubby, or Extendable ‘XT’
- SHAFT ASSEMBLY – Size required will be advised
- TWO BRACKETS – Brackets required will be advised
- First Bracket: ‘‘H’ – hinged (always one ‘H’)
- Second Bracket:
- ‘H’ – hinged
- ‘E’ – elbow – single strut
- ‘A’ – double strut
Emergency Steering system only (for racers):
- SHAFT ASSEMBLY – same as above
- TWO BRACKETS – same as above
- TILLER ADAPTER
PRICES Sep 2017
Before Shipping and VAT
VXA1 – no remote course setting – reduce Drive Unit prices by £250; €300; US$360; CAD$440
|Component / Currency||GBP £||EURO €||USD $||CAD $|
|Drive Unit VXA2||1,934||2,321||2,804||3,385|
|Vane - Standard/Stubby||242||291||351||424|
|Vane - XT 'Extendable'||435||522||631||762|
|'H' - Hinged||344||412||498||602|
|'E' - Single Strut||384||461||557||673|
|'A' - Double Strut||992||1,191||1,439||1,737|
Consider the necessary costs
We are happy to provide advice on older units. If you find one you are interested in, please contact Will or John.
Too often we provide the bad news of the cost of necessary segments that can result in total payments nearing the cost of a new unit, but without desirable features. In looking for a used unit it is important that you find both:
- A current model
- Has the appropriate shaft and brackets to be installed on your boat
Many purchasers of used units find that if they don’t get the correct configuration, the cost to make the unit suitable to their boat is close to or even more than cost of a new unit.
When calculating discounts for older units it is wise to know what you may need and/or what you may be missing.
- A new Shaft Assembly
- Is the shaft the right size for your boat?
- Is the shaft strong enough? Until 2002, we did provide a smaller diameter shaft, 1 1/8” (28.575mm) for small boats (up to 15,000 lbs). If the 1 1/8in shaft were to end up on a larger boat than was intended, it will bend.
- All new shafts (since January 2009) are not only the larger 1 ¼” diameter, but made of ‘Super Duplex’ stainless steel – much harder and a remarkable 3 times stronger than the previous ‘316’ stainless 1 ¼” shafts.
- A new Rudder – Today’s rudder MUST be supported by today’s Super Duplex shaft (2009 or newer), and the mid-bearing
- Different Brackets – Are they the correct brackets for your boat?
- Parts Unavailable – We only produce parts for the current model – since 1986
- Performance on heavy displacement or fast boats – on older units (even VXA models) you may be missing many of the performance-enhancing features that have come about in recent years
- ‘Antique’ models are missing many key features
Visit the ‘Parts’ page for further information.